iStar Inc. Terms and Conditions of Use (the “User Agreement”)
By accessing and using this website, you agree that you understand the terms of the User Agreement and accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of the User Agreement. iStar Inc. (“iStar” or “we”) reserves the right, at our discretion, to modify, add or delete portions of these terms at any time.
We grant you the right to access the iStar content in the manner described in this User Agreement. You may not otherwise make unauthorized commercial use of, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display iStar content, except as permitted by the doctrine of fair use or as authorized in writing by us.
This website does not, and it is not intended to, provide any tax or investment advice. Nothing in this website constitutes an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or any investment product or service. You are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategy, security or related transaction is appropriate for you based on your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances and risk tolerance. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns and references to performance on this website are provided as historical benchmarks only.
This website includes content subject to iStar copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights and, except for the limited license granted to you above, iStar reserves all of its intellectual property rights. “iStar” and the iStar logo and other iStar trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with iStar are trademarks or registered trademarks of iStar in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with iStar may be the trademarks of their respective owners. This User Agreement does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trademarks and logos.
This website may contain information provided by or prepared by third parties. iStar is not responsible or liable for any content, links, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such third parties. When you access third-party information, you do so at your own risk. iStar shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third-party content, goods or services. iStar reserves the right to remove third-party information at any time. You are responsible for evaluating whether you want to use or rely on third-party content.
You shall not display hyperlinks on your websites to any website owned or operated by iStar. If you desire to display on your website a hyperlink to an iStar website, you must enter into a written agreement with iStar governing such display. Access to any iStar website does not authorize you to use any of iStar’s names, logos, trademarks or copyrighted material, and you agree not to do so without iStar’s express written consent. Requests to display hyperlinks on your websites to iStar’s websites should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website is intended to be made available only to individuals in the United States, and the information on the website is only for such persons. Nothing on the website shall be considered a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell a security, or any other product or service, to any person in any jurisdiction where such offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction.
Certain statements on this site, other than purely historical information, including estimates, projections, statements relating to our business plans, objectives and expected operating results, and the assumptions upon which those statements are based, are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Exchange Act”). Forward-looking statements are included with respect to, among other things, iStar’s current business plan, business strategy, portfolio management, prospects and liquidity. These forward-looking statements generally are identified by the words “believe,” “project,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “intend,” “strategy,” “plan,” “may,” “should,” “will,” “would,” “will be,” “will continue,” “will likely result,” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties which may cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to update or revise publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In assessing all forward-looking statements, users of this site are urged to read carefully all cautionary statements contained in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, the uncertainties and risks described in Item 1A—”Risk Factors” in our most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K, all of which could affect our future results of operations, financial condition, liquidity and the market price of our securities.
Except as otherwise stated in this User Agreement or as expressly authorized by iStar in writing, you may not:
- Use this website in any manner that could damage or overburden any iStar server, or any network connected to any iStar server, as all servers have limited capacity and are used by many people;
- Use this website in any manner that would interfere with another party’s use of the website;
- Use this website or its contents in any manner that could create an impression of affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement by iStar;
- Include the term “iStar,” or any iStar trademark or name of any iStar personnel, or any variation of the foregoing, as a meta-tag or hidden textual element; or
- Use any robot, spider, intelligent agent, other automatic device or manual process to search, monitor or copy this website or the reports, data, information, content, software, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this website, whether through links or otherwise, without iStar’s permission, provided that generally available third-party web browsers may be used without such permission.
You agree to indemnify and hold iStar, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and defend them against any claims, costs, damages, losses, expenses, and any other liabilities, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or related to your use of and access to this website or your violation of any term of this User Agreement. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive termination of this User Agreement and your use of this website.
ISTAR PROVIDES THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES THEREIN ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ISTAR DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ISTAR AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
ISTAR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR ENDORSE CONTENT ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES ON THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER ISTAR NOR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, INCOME, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, SYSTEMS FAILURE, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE FAILURE, OR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, CAUSED BY THE USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS, OR A SITE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY MATTER RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF ISTAR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Timeliness of Website Content
All content on this website is presented only as of the date published or indicated, and may be superseded by subsequent market events or for other reasons. Although iStar makes commercially reasonable efforts to provide accurate and timely information, iStar does not guarantee or ensure the accuracy, completeness, currency or authenticity of any website content or functionality, or transmission of any website content from the website to you.
iStar, in its sole discretion, at any time, with or without notice, may suspend or terminate your access to this website.
- Relationships. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and iStar as a result of this User Agreement or use of this website.
- Legal Compliance. iStar’s performance of this User Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this User Agreement is in derogation of iStar’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this website or information provided to or gathered by iStar with respect to such use.
- Severability. If for any reason any provision of this User Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the remainder of this User Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- Entire Agreement. This User Agreement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding this website, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- No Waiver. A modification or waiver of a part of this User Agreement may only be made in writing by iStar and shall not constitute a waiver or modification of any other portion of this User Agreement.
- Amendments to This Agreement. We reserve the right to modify, supplement, or replace the terms under which this website is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of this website, effective prospectively upon posting on this website. Your continued use of this website after iStar posts a revised User Agreement constitutes your acceptance of the revised User Agreement. You should therefore review this User Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to such changes.
- Agreement. This User Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by iStar without restriction.
- Governing law. This User Agreement shall be governed by and construed under New York State law without regard to its choice of law rules, and, where applicable, the laws of the United States. Any dispute relating to this User Agreement shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York.
- Statute of limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out of the use of this website or the User Agreement must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Information we may access from your device/browser